Fuzzy Logic

Having some fun with the up coming election

Name:
Location: Aurora, Illinois, United States

I'm 72 years old and having a blast of a retirement. I have a friend, Max Angst, who often comments on our world. I relay these comments to my readers.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

They Sold Us Out

I was watching my DVD of Dicken’s Christmas Carol when the phone rang. It was Max Angst.
“Art, I’m mad as hell. Art, they sold us out. Those bastards in Congress have given Bush everything he wants for the war.” Max said on the phone.
“Whoa Max! what’s happened? I replied.
“Yesterday, the Senate passed a $698 Billion Defense Authorization Bill that gives Bush everything he wants without saying one word about bringing out troops home.”
“Had the house passed that bill?”
“Yes, it was the conference report they voted on. Art, the vote was 90 to 3. Only Byrd, Feingold and Sanders voted against it.“
“Clinton and Obama voted for it?”
“No. They didn’t vote. Neither did Biden, Dodd and McCain.”
“So we got no leadership from that gang of phonies who want to be president.”
“That’s right art. It makes me sick. It shows this election is a farce. The country is owned by the big money defense industry, the Carlyle group. The rest of us are just hopeless jerks.”
“What do we do now?”
“I think I’ll go down to Bernie’s and tie one on. Want to meet me there, Art?”
“No Max, I was watching a Movie. I’ll just go back to that.
Max hung up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home