Fuzzy Logic

Having some fun with the up coming election

Name:
Location: Aurora, Illinois, United States

I'm 72 years old and having a blast of a retirement. I have a friend, Max Angst, who often comments on our world. I relay these comments to my readers.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Two Problems

It was a beautiful day: seventy- three degrees, a gentle breeze and a blue sky. I had to get out of the house. I drove up to Fabian’s windmill and started walking north along the river. Ten minutes into my trek I came upon Max Angst sitting on a park bench reading the NY Times.
“Hey Max, how are you doing,” I called out.
“I’d be doing fine-- Art, it’s such a beautiful day-- if it wasn’t for Washington. Those clods make even a day like this seem grim.”
“What’s the matter now, Max”
“It’s been a tough week, Art. For decades people have been fighting to get decent schools for minority children. One thing that has had some positive results is requiring school boards to not allow schools to be all of one race. In the past segregating the races has always proved detrimental to minorities. Now the Supreme Court comes down with a determination saying race can’t be considered in deciding attendance in schools. That’s going to hurt minority children who already have a hard time getting an education that will allow them compete against white children from much better schools”.
“I’ve heard a lot of people speaking out against amnesty to illegal aliens. A few years back I got to meet some of these people and hear their stories. The lives they faced in their home countries were a horror. Poverty mixed with political brutality made their lives hell. They took the dangerous path to our country hoping to improve their lives. What they found wasn’t much better. Wages were low for very hard work and their weak legal status left them vulnerable to a wide variety of abuses. Still, there was some hope of one-day getting legal status resulting in a decent life. Some members of congress promised them legislation that will open the path to making their dreams come true. But Congress folded on them, couldn’t get the legislation passed. All that does is enrich the greedy slobs that overwork these people for hardly any pay.
“Yeah Max. I‘ve been thinking what ever happened to those unalienable rights to “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness” that this country was foundered on. Too many people are denied their unalienable rights these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home